Friday, July 30, 2021

Zoom…..the new way to go.

 The new order of Zoom…..online lessons, Show n tell, and more. The Art community in general is flourishing and active these days, with online workshops, demos, lessons and exhibitions galore. In fact, I find myself more busy than ever, sending in jpegs of my Art to online exhibitions. 

Only last week I sent in 8 of my pieces to the Arts Council of Conejo Valley in Thousand Oaks. This particular event invitation was a complete surprise to me and came to me via a phone call from the gallery directly from the curators there, requesting me to send in my Art pieces!

Few weeks before that, Thousand Oaks Art Assoc. held their “Greatest Hits Show”, as a Juried online show. I had three paintings juried in it. Here is one of the entries.

An old classic”…. Watercolor 


“Vista Del Mar Restaurant “, Majorca, Spain…. watercolor 

Meanwhile MANA artists have been keeping busy creating Art in their favorite mediums. Recently, we had a “Show n tell”, showcasing all artist members’ art.
Also, we had an opportunity to take a trial class from Artist & teacher, Leena Joshi, a follower of the famous Milind Mulick. She teaches his style of painting watercolors (with his blessings, as I understand). I availed myself of this chance to pick up some tips and came away very pleased. A few years ago I had taken a few classes from the great Master himself and had to check out Leena’s class.
Anyway, we all love any opportunities like these and I for one am always ready!
Currently, I am happy to report that I got a pleasant surprise with a call from the curator of the gallery from our local Conejo Valley Arts Council, who invited me to send 8 of my paintings’ jpegs for hanging in the gallery, for their show, “For the love of Nature”. Of course, I am thrilled to part of this show which will open on July 23, and run through until Nov. 8, at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts, (403 West Hillcrest Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360). Reception for the artists to be held on Sept. 18, 2021, from 3 - 5 pm).
Finally, I leave you with this artistic thought .
     According to Ukraine native and LA area artist, Alexey Steele, the most derogatory comment that a Russian Academy professor could direct at his students was that they were just copying.
Here are a couple of my paintings from the upcoming “Love of Nature” Show.


“Peace”….watercolor 

“ A waterfall”…..watercolor 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment